1/1 Photo of Paprika Oven Roasted Potatoes
From Everybody's San Francisco Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Bring water to boil in a large saucepan and add potatoes and salt. Return to rolling boil.
- 3Boil for 10 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
- 4In a large saute pan (I used a cast iron skillet), combine olive oil and butter and melt butter over medium low heat. Do not allow butter to brown.
- 5Once butter has melted, add onion and garlic. Raise heat to medium and cook until onions are soft and golden, about 7 minutes.
- 6Add oregano, thyme, paprika and white pepper. Mix well and add potatoes. Mix again to coat potatoes with mixture.
- 7Cook over medium heat 2 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking and burning.
- 8Meanwhile, stir flour into hot chicken broth until well dissolved. Add to potatoes and cook until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- 9Transfer potatoes to ovenproof glass or ceramic baking dish (I just left them in the cast iron skillet). Bake 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paprika Oven Roasted Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.7
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 157.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 4.6 g