From Everybody's San Francisco Cookbook.
Make and share this Paprika Oven Roasted Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring water to boil in a large saucepan and add potatoes and salt. Return to rolling boil.
- Boil for 10 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
- In a large saute pan (I used a cast iron skillet), combine olive oil and butter and melt butter over medium low heat. Do not allow butter to brown.
- Once butter has melted, add onion and garlic. Raise heat to medium and cook until onions are soft and golden, about 7 minutes.
- Add oregano, thyme, paprika and white pepper. Mix well and add potatoes. Mix again to coat potatoes with mixture.
- Cook over medium heat 2 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking and burning.
- Meanwhile, stir flour into hot chicken broth until well dissolved. Add to potatoes and cook until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- Transfer potatoes to ovenproof glass or ceramic baking dish (I just left them in the cast iron skillet). Bake 15 minutes.