Recipe by Peter J
I found this recipe on a BBC website while searching for a combination of mushrooms and Greek-style yoghurt. I made quite a few changes to suit what I had and personal tastes. I thought it was nice but probably not a 5 star recipe, but thought it was worth sharing.
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
Had a carton of mushrooms in the fridge that had to be used up, so this recipe came into play at the perfect time. The only issue I had with the recipe was the sauce was to thin. Even though I simmered the mushrooms a bit longer then called for in hopes of concentrating the sauce... Next time I will cut back a little on the liquids and see if that helps. My cousin and I used the mushrooms to top our grilled chicken... I didn't want to just spoon the yogurt over the top, so at the last minute I stirred it into the mushrooms. Next time we look forward to trying the mushrooms on some thick slices of grilled French bread as intended. Thanks for posting your recipe Peter. Made and enjoyed for the 75th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 5 medium mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (tapanade or paste)
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 slice toast
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium size saucepan over medium heat.
- Fry spring onions and garlic for one minute, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to low and add mushrooms, chili flakes and paprika and cook for one minute, stirring often.
- Add sherry, red wine, water and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Simmer for ten minutes, stirring occasionally until of a good consistency.
- Serve either on or to side of toast with yoghurt spooned over the top.