Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
From a cookbook belong ing to a friend. We made thse at her place the other night-the original recipe used half a teaspoon of cumin and a quarter oteaspoon of smoked paprika-hardly worth it we reckoned, so we upped those to suit ourselves. Glad we did!
- 12 lamb cutlets
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- lemon wedge, to serve
- Mix the cumin, paprika, garlic, oil and salt and pepper together in a small bowl, then massage over the cutlet. Leave them to marinate for at least 3 hours and overnight if you have time.
- Heat your grill and cook the lamb cutlets until done to your liking (our Aussie chops are quite small and only need around 3 minutes a side to cook to pink).
- Squeeze with lemon and serve.
This is simply out standing as it is stated below. I didn't marinate it at all because I am too lazy lol
Hat's off to JustJanS. Made for the Au/NZ Swap March 2011
3 of thought this was outstanding, I used loin lamb chops (mainly as they are more economical for what you get) the 4th was not keen on the flavours (originally they were only supposed to get 3 to 3 1/2 hours but due to an emergency got 27 so the flavours were rather intense. The DH cooked them on the b-b-q and we were about to serve when I realised I had turned the electric steamer on for the vegies but forgot to put water in so there was another 10 minutes wait so the DH put the chops up on the rack to rest and keep warm, they were nice and moist with just the slightest touch of pink, thank you Jan, made for Make My Recipe - Summer edition.