Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
A hearty beef stew with red peppers, flavoured with Paprika, serve with Tagliatelle or Potato Dumplings
- Season the beef in Salt, Pepper and Paprika.
- Fry the beef in the oil until browned all over.
- add the onions and fry until they are slightly browned as well.
- add the peppers, garlic, more paprika powder and tomato paste and continue frying over a lower heat to marry and coat everything well.
- add the stock, bring to a simmer and check the seasoning.
- simmer for 1 1/2 hours until the meat is tender.
- add the flour/water to thicken the stew.
- continue cooking for a few minutes.
- serve with Tagliatelle, Spaetzle or Potato dumplings and a dollop if sour cream if desired
- bon apetit!
Made this for dinner and served over hot buttered noodles. Such an easy dinner and I made it even easier by frying everything as directed and then dumping in the crock pot and letting it go on low for 5 hours. This was a plus for several reasons, the obvious of the ease of making and since I used stew meat made it come out tender with all the flavors blended into it. I used smoked paprika and did add some cumin seeds. We like spicy so the chili was a nice addition
This was delicious! Thought it was too hot with the addition of the chili...but it mellowed during the simmering process...wasn't sure what kind of chili to us and because I had a serrano peppers I used that...I also used Hungarian paprika...loved the flavor of this goulash...and I have had plenty...Served it with spaetzle for a yummy meal. Thanks for posting...Made for Fall PAC 2011 :)