Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was posted in response to a request - from Gourmet magazine January 1996! Time doesn't include overnight marinating.
- 4 lbs pork baby back ribs, cut into individual ribs
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Divide ribs between two large heavy sealable plastic bags.
- In a bowl stir together remaining ingredients and pepper to taste and pour over ribs.
- Seal bags, pressing out excess air.
- Marinate ribs in the refrigerator, turning bags occasionally, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Transfer ribs and marinade to a roasting pan large enough to hold ribs in one layer and roast ribs, turning occasionally, until marinade is reduced to about 1 cup, about 45- 60 minutes.
- Use marinade for dipping.
- Ribs may be made 2 days ahead, cooled, covered with plastic wrap & refrigerated. Then allow ribs to return to room temperature and reheat in a preheated 375F oven until hot - about 12 minutes.
Rated 5 stars for ease of preparation and great taste! We pretty much inhaled these ribs. They were fall off the bone tender. I prepared 2 lbs of ribs so halved everything -except the garlic!- marinaded in a plastic bag overnight. I substituted Scotch for the sherry wine vinegar. I baked the ribs in a roasting pan at 250F for 2 1/2 hrs. OOOhh lala! I didn't find the leftover marinade appealing for dipping and discarded it. The combination of paprika, red wine and garlic in this recipe is wonderful. Thank you!