Recipe by Dee514
A tasty, simple to prepare dinner. Serve with noodles or a rice pilaf and a green salad.
Top Review by Evie*
Tasty easy dish to make, and love the colour too. We also liked the added bacon for flavour. I served this with noodles and I added a level tsp of sugar as it was just a little tart for my families liking. Will definitely make this again.
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs veal round steak, cut about 1/2 inch thick (cutlet)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup thick sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix salt and paprika together.
- Cut veal into serving sized pieces.
- In a large heavy skillet, cook bacon till crisp.
- Remove cooked bacon and set aside.
- Add veal and onions to bacon drippings in skillet.
- Brown veal on both sides and cook onion till soft.
- Sprinkle with a mixture of salt and paprika.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Pour the sour cream and tomato sauce over the meat, cover skillet and return to heat.
- Simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with reserved bacon pieces.