Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A tasty, simple to prepare dinner. Serve with noodles or a rice pilaf and a green salad.
Make and share this Paprika Cream Schnitzel recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs veal round steak, cut about 1/2 inch thick (cutlet)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup thick sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- Mix salt and paprika together.
- Cut veal into serving sized pieces.
- In a large heavy skillet, cook bacon till crisp.
- Remove cooked bacon and set aside.
- Add veal and onions to bacon drippings in skillet.
- Brown veal on both sides and cook onion till soft.
- Sprinkle with a mixture of salt and paprika.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Pour the sour cream and tomato sauce over the meat, cover skillet and return to heat.
- Simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with reserved bacon pieces.
Tasty easy dish to make, and love the colour too. We also liked the added bacon for flavour. I served this with noodles and I added a level tsp of sugar as it was just a little tart for my families liking. Will definitely make this again.
This is the precise recipe from the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of my old cookbook from 1947. Great served with noodles.
Good. I would bread the veal, and from the bacon/veal renderings, make gravy, and serve with mashed potatoes.