Recipe by Mysterygirl
A quick and easy chicken and gravy recipe for those rushed weeknight meals.
Top Review by Michelle S.
The verdict is in and we have a WINNER! This a great one dish meal you can have on the table in less than 30 minutes. I was out of cayenne, so I sustituted by using more hot paprika (half and half), and out of green onions, so I chopped a yellow onion and added a bit of chives for the color in the sauce. I could have licked the pot clean to get at all that gravy! The DH, and 2 coworkers raved! I am too!
- 118.29 ml flour
- 9.85 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml salt (optional)
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 59.14 ml butter
- 297.66 g can cream of chicken soup
- 59.14 ml sliced green onion
- 226.79 g sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a ziploc baggie, combine flour and seasonings.
- Add chicken and shake to coat.
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Brown chicken in butter, about 4 minutes per side.
- Add soup and onions to skillet.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until internal juices of chicken run clear.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.