Recipe by abigail363
"There's something about chicken with paprika that is soooo good! Cooking this dish covered makes a nice mushroom sauce that can be spooned over the chicken for serving."
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/2 inch thickness. Sprinkle both sides of each chicken breast liberally with paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Arrange chicken breasts in the pan, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Turn chicken breasts over, and layer the thinly sliced onions and mushrooms on top of the chicken. Cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid, and mix onions and mushrooms into the butter sauce. Reduce heat to low, and cook uncovered for 5 minutes.