Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy, quick dinner that I often make on busy weeknights. There is nothing like the heavenly scent of paprika slowly simmering into chicken! This goes very well with pasta or rice. from original at allrecipes.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- salt and pepper
- 2 pinches garlic powder or 4 -5 minced garlic cloves
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle both sides of each chicken breast*liberally* with paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the chicken breast, cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken breasts over and layer the thinly sliced onions and mushrooms on top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and mix onions and mushrooms into the butter sauce, reduce heat to low and cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
I prepared this for supper this evening and enjoyed every bite! I prepared exactly according to s'kat's directions for perfect results! Don't be skimpy on the spices. You won't be sorry! The aroma is wonderful while cooking! Thank you, s'kat, for sharing this recipe!
S'kat, this was wonderful! I used real Hungarian Paprika (sweet) for this. Next time I'll be brave and try it with the hot! I served this over a bed of egg noodles. Pure comfort food!
True story: I made this tonight, bringing my sons plate to the dining table then returning to the kitchen to grab mine. Before I could even grab my plate, he was in the kitchen! He yelled out "woohoo!". Scared me! "What!" "It's really good. Really!" I had to agree. This is wonderful. My son deemed it: Grandma food. which means its even good enough to make for my mom! Quick, easy, smelled wonderful and tastes even better. Thanks so much! :)