Recipe by s'kat
An easy, quick dinner that I often make on busy weeknights. There is nothing like the heavenly scent of paprika slowly simmering into chicken! This goes very well with pasta or rice. from original at allrecipes.com.
Top Review by Bev
I prepared this for supper this evening and enjoyed every bite! I prepared exactly according to s'kat's directions for perfect results! Don't be skimpy on the spices. You won't be sorry! The aroma is wonderful while cooking! Thank you, s'kat, for sharing this recipe!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- salt and pepper
- 2 pinches garlic powder or 4 -5 minced garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle both sides of each chicken breast*liberally* with paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the chicken breast, cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken breasts over and layer the thinly sliced onions and mushrooms on top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and mix onions and mushrooms into the butter sauce, reduce heat to low and cook uncovered for 5 minutes.