Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from "Chicken and Egg," by Janice Cole. Serve with pita breads and a vegetable.
Make and share this Paprika Chicken With Hummus recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup prepared hummus (plain or flavored)
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 dash lime juice
- Put the chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap. Pound with the flat side of a meat mallet or a rolling pin until the chicken is flattened evenly and about 1/2-inch thick. Stir together the cumin, smoked paprika, salt and pepper and rub over both sides of the chicken.
- Stir together hummus, sweet paprika and turmeric in a small microwave-safe bowl until well mixed. Stir in water (this helps lighten the mixture).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and heat the oil. Saute the chicken, in batches if necessary, for 6 to 8 minutes, reducing the heat to medium if cooking too fast, until the chicken is golden brown and no longer pink in the center, turning once.
- Meanwhile, cover the hummus mixture, and microwave on high for 45-60 seconds or until warm (don't over do it). Note: I find if the hummus is room temperature, warming is not necessary.
- To serve, spoon the hummus onto individual plates or a platter. Place the chicken on top. Squirt over with lime juice.