Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A simple chicken dish lovely for a midweek supper.
Make and share this Paprika Chicken in Yoghurt recipe from Food.com.
- 8 chicken portions
- 2 ml lemon pepper
- 50 ml oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper
- 15 ml paprika
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 175 ml yoghurt
- 2 ml salt
- 25 ml cornflour (cornstarch)
- Sprinkle the chicken portions with lemon pepper.
- Heat the oil, and brown the chicken.
- Place in a casserole dish.
- Sauté the onions and peppers.
- Stir in the paprika and chicken stock and pour over the chicken.
- Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken pieces and set aside.
- Blend the cornflour with a little water and use to thicken the sauce.
- Stir in the yoghurt and replace the chicken.
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve with noodles and garnish with poppy seeds.
I loved the sauce, and the pepper bits added color. The yogurt really allows the flavors to come through, so next time I will decrease the green pepper, as the younger members of my family objected to the flavor. I had to use extra cornstarch to thicken the sauce; perhaps this is due to varied fat contents in the chicken pieces.