Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a cookbook. Paulette Mitchell. Have not tried this one yet.
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sweet Hungarian paprika, to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 dash paprika
- minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Stir together the chicken broth, tomato paste, paprika, thyme, and pepper in a measuring cup.
- Set aside.
- In a separate measuring cup or small bowl, stir together the yogurt and flour; Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; Add the mushrooms, onion, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened but not browned.
- Add the chicken to the pan, stirring for about 2 minutes, or until it is no longer pink on the outside.
- Stir in the chicken broth mixture.
- Reduce the heat to medium; cover and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and the chicken is cooked through.
- Reduce the heat to low; add the yogurt mixture, stirring constantly until slightly thickened (Do not allow the mixture to come to a boil).
- To assemble the servings, spoon a bed of noodles or rice onto 4 plates.
- Top each with the chicken mixture.
Delicious! I subs smoky paprika for the sweet, and it really needed a bit more oomph for my taste but very yummy all the same