Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A lovely dish to serve with hot noodles. Just for fun, try using different types of paprika.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs fryer chickens, cut up
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 3 bouillon cubes, dissolved in water below ("or" use fresh "or" canned chicken broth)
- 3 cups hot water
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup sour cream ("or" half sour cream and half plain yogurt)
- Wash chicken pieces well.
- Mix flour salt, pepper and paprika together.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Brown chicken in oil in heavy bottomed/cast iron fry pan for 15 minutes or until golden brown on all sides.
- Add bouillon cubes to hot water.
- Pour 1 cup of bouillon (or chicken broth) into pan.
- Cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes adding more broth as needed.
- Remove chicken pieces to hot serving dish.
- Pour off most of the grease in the pan.
- Add remaining broth and sour cream to pan drippings.
- Stir well and heat but don't boil as sour cream will separate.
- Pour over chicken pieces.
- Serve with hot noodles.
Made on Friday night with boneless skinless breasts (had to adjust cooking time a bit) with great success! Nice flavor and the sauce was great with couscous.