Recipe by Southern Sugar Dumplin
One of my kids favorite dishes. I usually serve over wide egg noodles.
Top Review by puppitypup
This was a flavorful dish and different than most of my chicken recipes, so we enjoyed it. It didn't thicken up as much as I would have liked, next time I'll increase the flour. I had to make it without the tomatoes since hubby won't eat cooked tomatoes. Thanks for the recipe!
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 1 (2 -3 lb) roasting chickens, cut into pieces
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat bacon grease in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, salt, cayenne and paprika. Stir together and saute until onion is translucent.
- Add chicken pieces and pour chicken broth over all.
- Cook over medium heat for 1 to 1 and 1/2 hours, adding more broth if necessary.
- Stir in tomatoes, reserving liquid.
- Stir liquid into a medium bowl with flour and sour cream; mix until well blended, then slowly add mixture to chicken, stirring constantly.
- Cook until mixture is thick.