1/3 Photos of Paprika Chicken
Jen T's Note:
One for when you don't want to turn the oven on! Made on top of the stove in a frypan with a lid or a saucepan. This comes from my book of 'Classic Kiwi Recipes' Note:Based on the reviews I realised that I use a frypan with a steam hole in the lid so that some of the liquid evaporates. I have altered the recipe to use only 1/2 cup water so that should help too. When bringing the liquids to the boil for the 2-3 mins make sure you do this without the lid to evaporate the liquids to your preference before adding the chicken back in and the sour cream. I hope this extra information helps those who would also like to try this dish. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml oil
- 1 onion (peeled & chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 green pepper (sliced in strips)
- 1 red pepper (sliced in strips)
- 4 chicken thighs (I use breasts) or 4 chicken breasts (I use breasts)
- 4.92 ml paprika (or more according to taste)
- 29.58 ml tomato sauce
- 118.29 ml water
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 1Melt butter or oil in a frypan which has a lid, add onion, tomatoes, and peppers.
- 2Fry until onion is lightly browned.
- 3Add chicken and cook with lid on for approx 20-30mins on med to low heat turning chicken at least twice.
- 4Remove chicken from pan.
- 5Stir in the paprika, sauce and water.
- 6Bring to a boil for 2-3 mins without the lid.
- 7Reduce heat to med and return chicken to pan, cover again and cook for 15mins.
- 8Just before serving stir in the sour cream.
- 9Reheat but dont allow to boil.
- 10Serve over rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paprika Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.3
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 100.5 mg
- Sodium 164.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 17.9 g