1/2 Photos of Paprika Beef and Mushrooms
2 hrs 15 mins
Jen T's Note:
Low fat, stove top cooking. Goes well with mashed potatoes, jacket baked potatoes, rice, pasta or noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g lean stewing beef (In NZ I use topside steak)
- 1 large onion (roughly chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 cups mushrooms (roughly chopped)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon beef stock powder
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1Remove any fat from the meat and cut into cubes.
- 2Brown in a little hot oil. Do this in batches to keep from 'stewing'.
- 3Return all meat to pan and add onion, garlic, mushrooms, tomato paste, paprika, stock powder and first measure of water.
- 4Cover and simmer gently for 1-11/2 hours or until the meat is tender.
- 5Mix the cornflour with the 2 Tbsp water and stir into the beef.
- 6Heat for a few minutes until thickened.
- 7Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley if liked.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paprika Beef and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.3
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 91.4 mg
- Sodium 142.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 28.2 g