I made this for Russ and me the other night and was very pleased with the result. We ate it over horseradish mashed potatoes. I cooked this in our electric frying pan (skillet), but you could do it on the stove top on low.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100 g pancetta, cut into small dice
- 2 red chilies, chopped finely
- 800 g diced beef (we used a blade roast)
- 2 green capsicum, sliced (bell peppers)
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup water
- 3 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (if you don't have it use sweet)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Heat the oil and cook the onions, garlic and pancetta until the onions are soft (about 10 minutes).
- Add the chilies and beef and cook until the beef changes colour and browns a little.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook on a low setting (just simmering) for 1 ½ hours or until very tender. Add a little extra water if it ever looks like catching.