Recipe by JustJanS
I made this for Russ and me the other night and was very pleased with the result. We ate it over horseradish mashed potatoes. I cooked this in our electric frying pan (skillet), but you could do it on the stove top on low.
Top Review by JoyfulCook
This was absolutely delightful, the combination of flavours, specially the hint of chilli really complimented the paprika . Great comfort food, I will be definitely be making this again Jan. Thanks for posting
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100 g pancetta, cut into small dice
- 2 red chilies, chopped finely
- 800 g diced beef (we used a blade roast)
- 2 green capsicum, sliced (bell peppers)
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup water
- 3 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (if you don't have it use sweet)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil and cook the onions, garlic and pancetta until the onions are soft (about 10 minutes).
- Add the chilies and beef and cook until the beef changes colour and browns a little.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook on a low setting (just simmering) for 1 ½ hours or until very tender. Add a little extra water if it ever looks like catching.