Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I made this for Russ and me the other night and was very pleased with the result. We ate it over horseradish mashed potatoes. I cooked this in our electric frying pan (skillet), but you could do it on the stove top on low.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100 g pancetta, cut into small dice
- 2 red chilies, chopped finely
- 800 g diced beef (we used a blade roast)
- 2 green capsicum, sliced (bell peppers)
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup water
- 3 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (if you don't have it use sweet)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Heat the oil and cook the onions, garlic and pancetta until the onions are soft (about 10 minutes).
- Add the chilies and beef and cook until the beef changes colour and browns a little.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook on a low setting (just simmering) for 1 ½ hours or until very tender. Add a little extra water if it ever looks like catching.
This was absolutely delightful, the combination of flavours, specially the hint of chilli really complimented the paprika . Great comfort food, I will be definitely be making this again Jan. Thanks for posting
This was very very good. My entire family thoroughly enjoyed it. I made this in my crockpot on low.
This was really good. I had a yuk piece of beef so I had to cook it all day to get the meat tender but the flavor in the end was really nice. I served it with Horseradish Mashed Potatoes and it was a good match.