1/2 Photos of Pappasito's Salsa
Found this in response to a request on the boards. It looks very good!!! It's from copycat.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 roma tomatoes (Whole)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced (1/3 - 1/2 C Diced)
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, stem removed and seeded
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 fresh poblano pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2-3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1In a moderately hot skillet that has been sprayed with a cooking spray brown the coarsely chopped Pablano pepper and jalapeno pepper.
- 2Brown and stir until the skins have turned dark on many sides of peppers.
- 3Add tomatoes and brown them until the skins on the tomatoes have turned a dark brown on several sides, remove pan from heat.
- 4Put onion in hot skillet that has been removed from the heat and stir.
- 5In a food processor add celery salt, oregano, cilantro, sugar, garlic salt and pepper.
- 6Pour peppers, onions and tomatoes and add water a little at a time; process just enough to chop to a medium
- 7consistency but not to a smooth paste, leave a little chunky.
- 8Remove from processor and pour in hot skillet turn up heat quickly stir for 3 min and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pappasito's Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (723 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.1
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 38.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: