Found this in response to a request on the boards. It looks very good!!! It's from copycat.com
Make and share this Pappasito's Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 8 roma tomatoes (Whole)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced (1/3 - 1/2 C Diced)
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, stem removed and seeded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 fresh poblano pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a moderately hot skillet that has been sprayed with a cooking spray brown the coarsely chopped Pablano pepper and jalapeno pepper.
- Brown and stir until the skins have turned dark on many sides of peppers.
- Add tomatoes and brown them until the skins on the tomatoes have turned a dark brown on several sides, remove pan from heat.
- Put onion in hot skillet that has been removed from the heat and stir.
- In a food processor add celery salt, oregano, cilantro, sugar, garlic salt and pepper.
- Pour peppers, onions and tomatoes and add water a little at a time; process just enough to chop to a medium
- consistency but not to a smooth paste, leave a little chunky.
- Remove from processor and pour in hot skillet turn up heat quickly stir for 3 min and serve hot.