Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tasty shrimp kebab posted from an online source in response to a recipe request. Cooking time is approximate.
- skewer (wooden or metal)
- 12 large shrimp
- 6 slices bacon
- 12 slices green bell peppers, wedges
- 12 slices red bell peppers, wedges
- 12 slices red onions, wedges
- 12 slices chicken breasts
- 6 pineapple slices
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red peppers
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic granules
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 cups Italian dressing (store bought or homemade)
- If using bamboo skewers, soak in warm water for at least 1/2 hour before use.
- Rinse shrimp in a strainer.
- Remove 3/4 of the shell, leaving the last section and the tail intact.
- With a small sharp paring knife, cut the shrimp along the underneath vein.
- Be careful not to cut completely through the top of the shrimp (cutting shrimp from the bottom and not all the way through helps when stuffing).
- Both veins should now be exposed.
- Wash them out of the shrimp.
- Complete procedure for all shrimp and place on a plate in the refrigerator when finished.
- Cut bacon in half all at once and set aside.
- Cut peppers in half from top to bottom and de-seed.
- Cut twelve 2- x 2-inch pieces and set aside.
- Cut twelve 2- x 2-inch red onion pieces and set aside.
- Slice twelve pieces uncooked beef for fajitas into 1-inch wide, 4-inch long strips.
- Slice twelve pieces of uncooked chicken breasts for fajitas into 1-inch wide, 4-inch long strips.
- Cut six 1 1/2- x 1 1/2-inch cubes of pineapple and set aside.
- Combine black pepper, paprika, and red pepper.
- Stir until well-blended and set aside.
- Soften the butter at room temperature and whip with garlic and wine until well-combined.
- Set in refrigerator.
- Wrap one half piece of bacon around shrimp body (not tail).
- Set on plate and repeat until all shrimp are finished.
- With all prepared vegetables and shrimp in front of you, take one 12-inch skewer and with the sharp end, stab in the following order: one green bell pepper wedge, beef, red onion wedge, chicken, red bell pepper wedge, bacon-wrapped shrimp (through the main part of the body), red bell pepper wedge, chicken, red onion wedge, beef and green bell pepper wedge.
- Do not shove vegetables, meat and shrimp too close together or they will not cook evenly.
- Place the prepared skewers on a plate in the refrigerator while you prepare the grill to a medium low flame (gas grill low flame, lid open).
- Have a small cup of water ready to sprinkle over the fire if this happens).
- Soak the loaded skewers in Italian dressing for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place on the grill, sprinkle with seasonings and baste with butter mixture (about 1/2 cup total).
- Serve remainder of butter slightly melted with mixed grill.