When I was in college, I worked at Pappasito's as a waitress. I LOVED their brochette shrimp and I asked the cook for the recipe. He didn't give me the exact measurements, but he did give me the list of ingredients. I went home and played around with the quantities of the ingredeints and came up with what I think is very close to the real thing!
- Clean and devein shrimp, leaving the last section and tails intact.
- With a paring knife, carefully slice each shrimp from tail to tip.
- Wash and seed jalapeno, and cut into a pieces about 1/2-inch X 1/2-inch squares.
- Cut slice of cheese into 12 small pieces.
- Stuff one small piece of cheese and one small piece of jalapeno into each shrimp.
- Wrap a half slice of bacon around each shrimp.
- Place shrimp on a wet skewer.
- Repeat this process until all shrimp have been placed on skewers.
- Place in refrigerator for a few minutes while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Mix the paparika, cayenne pepper and black pepper together.
- In a small skillet, heat butter and white wine until butter is completely melted.
- Prepare grill.
- ~note~I use my indoor grill, but these can be made on an outdoor grill too, but I would use a low flame!
- Remove shrimp from fridge and brush completely with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Grill on each side until shrimp are done.