This Italian cuisine recipe was published in our local newspaper. I have yet to try it, but it sounds delicious and the photo published in the paper is mouthwatering! If you try this, I hope you enjoy it!
- Trim and cut the asparagus into 1 inch pieces.
- Chop the onion to your desired texture.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add the asparagus.
- Cook until crisp-tender, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the asparagus and set aside.
- Add the pappardelle to the boiling water and cook till al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, set a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add saffron to the skillet and heat till the saffron is fragrant and brittle, approximately 30 seconds.
- Crush the saffron to a powder with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add the butter to the pan, heat till melted.
- Add the onion and saute till translucent.
- Stir in peas and orange zest, cook about 2 minutes, till peas are tender.
- Add the orange juice and asparagus, cook till the asparagus is warmed through.
- Season to taste with salt.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and toss with the asparagus mixture.
- Serve with the grated Parmesan cheese.