1/1 Photo of Pappardelle With Peas and Asparagus in Orange-saffron Sauce
This Italian cuisine recipe was published in our local newspaper. I have yet to try it, but it sounds delicious and the photo published in the paper is mouthwatering! If you try this, I hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim and cut the asparagus into 1 inch pieces.
- 2Chop the onion to your desired texture.
- 3Bring a large pot of water to boil and add the asparagus.
- 4Cook until crisp-tender, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- 5Remove the asparagus and set aside.
- 6Add the pappardelle to the boiling water and cook till al dente.
- 7While the pasta is cooking, set a large skillet over medium heat.
- 8Add saffron to the skillet and heat till the saffron is fragrant and brittle, approximately 30 seconds.
- 9Crush the saffron to a powder with the back of a wooden spoon.
- 10Add the butter to the pan, heat till melted.
- 11Add the onion and saute till translucent.
- 12Stir in peas and orange zest, cook about 2 minutes, till peas are tender.
- 13Add the orange juice and asparagus, cook till the asparagus is warmed through.
- 14Season to taste with salt.
- 15When the pasta is cooked, drain and toss with the asparagus mixture.
- 16Serve with the grated Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pappardelle With Peas and Asparagus in Orange-saffron Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 577.0
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 85.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 20.2 g