Recipe by MsPia
Pappardelle is my favorite kind of pasta. This is a quick and flavorful recipe. I use all kinds of mushrooms including dry ones.
Top Review by rpgaymer
What a great, easy-to-make pasta recipe. Unfortunately, I could not find pappardelle pasta, but I found some Polish egg noodles that made a decent substitute. I loved the sauce- it wasn't heavy at all and you could taste the mushrooms throughout. I just served some crumbled Italian sausage over the dish and this made it a complete, tasty meal. [Reviewed for PLEASE REVIEW MY RECIPE]
- 1 1⁄2 lbs white mushrooms
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb pappardelle pasta, fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry mushrooms thoroughly and slice thin.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add garlic and sauté over medium heat about 1 minute.
- When garlic begins to color, add sliced mushrooms.
- Sauté mushrooms over high heat until lightly colored.
- Add wine.
- Cook until wine is reduced by half, stirring constantly.
- Add parsley and cook 1 minute longer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill a very large saucepan two-thirds full with salted water.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add pasta.
- Bring water back to a boil and cook pasta uncovered until 'al dente'.
- Drain pasta and place in skillet with sauce; add butter.
- Toss pasta, sauce and butter over medium heat until sauce coats pasta, 20 to 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately.