Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pappardelle with Mixed Wild Mushrooms - Jamie Oliver Recipe
Make and share this Pappardelle With Mixed Wild Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 9 -11 ounces wild mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 -2 small dried red chili, very finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 lb pappardelle pasta
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- Brush off any dirt from the mushrooms and slice thinly (any girolles, chanterelles and blewits - tear in half).
- Put the olive oil in a very hot frying pan and add the mushrooms.
- Let them fry fast, tossing once or twice.
- Add the garlic and chilli with a pinch of salt (it is very important to season mushrooms lightly, as a little really brings out the flavor)and continue to fry quickly another 4 to 5 minutes, tossing regularly.
- Then turn the heat off and squeeze in the lemon juice.
- Toss and season to taste.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Add to the mushrooms, with the Parmesan, parsley and butter.
- Toss gently, coating the pasta with the mushrooms and their flavor.
- Serve, scraping out all of the last bits of mushroom love from the pan, and sprinkle with a little extra parsley and Parmesan.
I made this last night I really enjoyed it. I put in a bit more mushrooms than what the recipe said. I will be making this easy dish again! Thanks for sharing.
I prepaired this according to the recipe with the exception of the parsley, I used dried, and I eyeballed it according to our taste. The only thing I didn't like was the lemon, I really don't think it was needed. But that's me. I felt like I was dining at a fine restaurant, it was SO GOOD! Thanks so much for posting! I will be making this one for years to come! Posting pics as well!