Recipe by Soobeeoz
Anyone who likes mushrooms and enjoys their pasta sweet and creamy should try this. I normally prefer spicier food, but made this for dinner last night and thought it was delicious. I heated the left-overs in the microwave for lunch today, and the sauce tasted even better. I used lite cream and penne rigate in place of the pappardelle. Recipe was recently featured on Australian television cooking show, Fresh.
- 375 g pappardelle pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 250 g mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 cup cream (250ml)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 60 g pine nuts, toasted
- 100 g sultanas
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to packet instructions until al dente; drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large fry pan over medium heat and cook garlic and onion for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add mushrooms and cook a further 5 minutes or until just tender.
- Stir in cream, half the cheese, pine nuts and sultanas and simmer gently until heated through. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add sauce to hot pasta and stir through flat-leaf parsley.
- Serve pasta topped with remaining parmesan.