1 hr 30 mins
Your Gourmet Girlfriend's Note:
A rich chicken dish full of wonderful flavor's and texture. Do not pass this one up. From Cuisine at Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb mushroom, quartered
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 lbs whole chickens or 4 lbs rabbit, cut up, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces pancetta or 4 ounces bacon, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 lb fennel bulb, bulb only, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage leaf
- cooked mushroom, with liquid
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb pappardelle noodles
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Saute mushrooms in butter in a large ovenproof saute pan over med-high heat, stirring frequently. When they soften and give off liquid, reduce heat to med, cook until liquid evaporates.
- 3Stir in the first 1/2 cup of red wine. increase the heat to high and boil until most of the wine evaporates, remove and set aside. wipe out pan and return it to the stove top.
- 4Brown the chicken in butter and oil(may need to do this in batches) in the saute pan over med heat, remove and set aside.
- 5Saute the pancetta in the pan drippings, cooking until it begins to brown. add the onion and fennel, cooking until the onion softens and fennel begins to brown. Stir in garlic and cook 2-3 minutes more. Increase heat to high and stir in the next 1/2 cup wine and sage. Remove from heat and add the sauteed mushrooms.
- 6Return the chicken to the pan, cover tightly, transfer to the oven and bake until the meat is tender and the internal temp is 170°F, about 40 minutes. Remove from heat oven and stir in vinegar.
- 7While chicken is in the oven prepare papardelle according to package directions; drain.
- 8Serve parpardelle with chicken and mushroom sauce.
Browse Our Top Rabbit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rabbit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pappardelle With Chicken, Mushrooms, & Wine
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 674.8
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 162.4 mg
- Sodium 448.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 36.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves