Recipe by Rita~
Thick pasta goes wonderfully with the intense sun-dried tomatoes, and artichokes.
Top Review by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
This was fabulous. Due to the previous review saying it was too pasty I reduced the flour by half and allowed it to cook with the onion mixture to temper any raw flavor. It made a fabulous sauce. What a tasty meat free meal!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced (2 cups)
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil with herbs, rough chopped
- 1⁄2 cup marinated artichoke, 1/4rd
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 8 ounces pappardelle pasta, Cooked al dente
- 2 ounces asiago cheese, shredded
- fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large pan.
- Add onions and saute for 5 minutes. Add Garlic and saute 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, artichokes and cayenne.
- De glaze pan with wine and reduce by 1/2.
- Sprinkle flour over onion mixture and stir to blend well.
- Pour in stock and bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes.
- Toss pasta into pan mix all ingredients together. Add pasta water if needed.
- Plate and top with pine nuts, cheese and parsley.