Recipe by Sharon123
A pasta dish without the pasta! This is taken from the Union Square Cafe's opening night menu in the Union Square Cafe Cookbook. Enjoy!
- 453.59 g zucchini, washed, ends trimmed (2 medium)
- 453.59 g yellow squash, washed, trimmed (2 medium)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml white wine
- 29.58 ml minced garlic
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml fresh basil, cut in thin ribbons
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, diced
- 473.18 ml tomato sauce
- 29.58 ml heavy cream
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, finely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the zucchini and squash lengthwise into 1/8" strips on a mandoline.(If you don't have a mandoline, the backside of a spatula shaped cheese slicer works just as well). Be sure the slices are not stuck together.
- Heat the olive oil over high heat in a large skillet.
- Just before olive oil begins to smoke, add the cut squash and stir.
- Keep stirring for 3-4 minutes, or until squash strips are barely wilted.
- Add the white wine, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Toss in the basil and tomatoes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, heavy cream, and half of the Parmasen cheese.
- Bring to a boil.
- Serve immediately with the remaining Parmesan sprinkled over the top. Enjoy!