1/2 Photos of Pappardelle of Zucchini
A pasta dish without the pasta! This is taken from the Union Square Cafe's opening night menu in the Union Square Cafe Cookbook. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb zucchini, washed, ends trimmed (2 medium)
- 1 lb yellow squash, washed, trimmed (2 medium)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, cut in thin ribbons
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, diced
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1Slice the zucchini and squash lengthwise into 1/8" strips on a mandoline.(If you don't have a mandoline, the backside of a spatula shaped cheese slicer works just as well). Be sure the slices are not stuck together.
- 2Heat the olive oil over high heat in a large skillet.
- 3Just before olive oil begins to smoke, add the cut squash and stir.
- 4Keep stirring for 3-4 minutes, or until squash strips are barely wilted.
- 5Add the white wine, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 6Toss in the basil and tomatoes.
- 7Stir in tomato sauce, heavy cream, and half of the Parmasen cheese.
- 8Bring to a boil.
- 9Serve immediately with the remaining Parmesan sprinkled over the top. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pappardelle of Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.1
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.7 mg
- Sodium 982.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 7.4 g