Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Boil crawfish in a large pot of water.
- Drain and cool until crawfish can be handled easily, remove tail and save shells. Refrigerate tail meat.
- Heat oil in large sauce pan or Dutch oven.
- Add crawfish shells, paprika and cayenne. Saute 5 minutes.
- Add water and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Strain liquid into another pan.
- Crush shells to remove remaining liquid and add that liquid. Discard shells.
- Return to heat and add onion, bell pepper, tomato paste, cream and tomato.
- Simmer 1 hour, stirring frequently.
- Add brandy and crawfish tail meat. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Something is missing. Followed to recipe and it was too runny and tasteless. Tried to dress it up, but was unable to find that great Pappadeaux flavor. Help...
Lost my old recipe for this that was super close a delicious. Tried this one and had to add a tsp creole seasoning and a tsp blackening seasoning. NO WATER or brandy. Simmer uncovered and let the cream reduce. Obviously some reviewers do not know the difference between heavy whipping cream and whipped cream. Made for a Super Bowl party and they loved it. Gave 3 stars because it was very very bland to start.
HALF the water to 1 quart and DOUBLE or TRIPLE the paprika and cayenne pepper. I did this and was MUCH BETTER! This recipe has all the right ingredients, just the completely wrong amounts. Thanks for posting!