Recipe by simply_yours_consulting
This is a family favorite when we dine at Pappadeaux's, it has a rich and incredible flavor unlike any I have ever had....Took me a LONG time to find this one....Hope you enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 1 cup shrimp stock or 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 oysters
- blackening seasoning
- melted butter, as needed
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ounces crawfish tail meat (can be left out)
- 2 ounces lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 4 -5 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- garlic bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Make sauce and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan; whisk in flour and chopped onion. Cook over.
- medium heat until onion is tender. Slowly stir in stock and wine; whisk.
- until smooth. Add cayenne, garlic powder,& salt; Simmer 10 minutes. Add cream; simmer 5 minutes.
- REMEMBER NOT TO LET THE CREAM SCORCH.
- Season shrimp and oysters with blackened seasonings available in most supermarkets. Melt butter in hot sauté.
- Pan,and sauté shrimp and oysters, about 2 minutes per side. Add spinach,mushrooms, crawfish, crab and green onion. Saute until mushrooms and spinach soften.
- Fold in sauce and bring to a simmer. Pour into heatproof dish; top with grated cheese. Place under a broiler until cheese melts. Use garlic bread as dippers.
- *Prepare shrimp stock by boiling down 1 cup of shrimp shells in 4 cups of water.
- Boil shells for 30 minutes.