Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a family favorite when we dine at Pappadeaux's, it has a rich and incredible flavor unlike any I have ever had....Took me a LONG time to find this one....Hope you enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 1 cup shrimp stock or 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 oysters
- blackening seasoning
- melted butter, as needed
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ounces crawfish tail meat (can be left out)
- 2 ounces lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 4 -5 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- garlic bread
- Make sauce and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan; whisk in flour and chopped onion. Cook over.
- medium heat until onion is tender. Slowly stir in stock and wine; whisk.
- until smooth. Add cayenne, garlic powder,& salt; Simmer 10 minutes. Add cream; simmer 5 minutes.
- REMEMBER NOT TO LET THE CREAM SCORCH.
- Season shrimp and oysters with blackened seasonings available in most supermarkets. Melt butter in hot sauté.
- Pan,and sauté shrimp and oysters, about 2 minutes per side. Add spinach,mushrooms, crawfish, crab and green onion. Saute until mushrooms and spinach soften.
- Fold in sauce and bring to a simmer. Pour into heatproof dish; top with grated cheese. Place under a broiler until cheese melts. Use garlic bread as dippers.
- *Prepare shrimp stock by boiling down 1 cup of shrimp shells in 4 cups of water.
- Boil shells for 30 minutes.
Fantastic!!! We made this with some left over crawfish tails and it was just perfect!
Good! recipe same as the other one but you add the garlic powder and the crawfish. I also added oysters because I love them so much and the originl recipe have them in it as well. Prep. and cooking time was fairly easy & will make again & again kids loved it with noodles. Sorta like a seafood sauce over noodles. And when I go to PAPPA, I usually eat it over dirty rice w/garlic bread. Tasty combo! My favorite.