1/2 Photos of Pappa Al Pomodoro (Tuscan Bread Soup)
I made Dark Tuscan Bread (Pane Toscano Scuro) Dark Tuscan Bread (Pane Toscano Scuro) , and I needed a recipe to use up the stale bits. I made this soup and it was lovely and such a handy way to use up stale bread! Just thinking about it is making my mouth water. You can use any bread you like, but a tuscan bread is the best.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium pot over medium-high heat, add olive oil and crushed garlic.
- 2When the garlic flavors infuse oil, add the red pepper flakes being careful not to burn them.
- 3Add the whole can of tomatoes into the pot, then using a spatula cut the tomatoes into chunks.
- 4Add salt and ground black pepper, to taste.
- 5(Remember, bread chunks will be added to this so make it a bit saltier then you would like it to be.)
- 6Add water and stir.
- 7With your hands, pull the bread into bite-sized chunks, then add them to the pot.
- 8"Toss" (do not stir) bread chunks in to the soup.
- 9Add basil leaves.
- 10Serve hot and enjoy!
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pappa Al Pomodoro (Tuscan Bread Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.7
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 464.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 7.1 g