From Jamie's Italy - I always add a tablespoon or two of pesto.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180C/350°F.
- 2Prick cherry tomatoes, toss with one sliced clove of garlic and a quarter of the basil leaves.
- 3Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, put in a roasting tray and cook for 20 minutes.
- 4Heat more olive oil in a large pot, add remaining garlic and basil stalks, stir and gently fry for a minute until softened.
- 5Add tinned tomatoes, fill tin with water, add that.
- 6Break tomatoes up with spoon, boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- 7Tear the bread into thumb sized pieces and add to pot, mix well, season to taste.
- 8Tear in the basil leaves and let soup sit on low heat for ten minutes.
- 9Remove roasted romatoes from tray and pour them into soup with their juices, basil, and oil from the tray.
- 10Stir soup, it should be a thick, silky, porridge-like texture (adjust with water if necessary.
- 11Remove from heat, add 6-7 tbsp olive oil.
- 12Serve with a little extra basil torn over the top.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pappa Al Pomodoro Alla Jamie Oliver
Serving Size: 1 (514 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.5
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 870.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 13.1 g