Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup papaya, ripe,diced,mashed well
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups chilled water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 -5 sprigs mint
- ice cube
- Beat or blend yogurt, then add water and beat or blend again.
- Add mashed papaya with all the seasonings.
- Beat or blend again.
- Pour in individual glasses.
- Garnish with mint and serve cold.
- If you want to make sweet papaya lassi, then omit salt, lime juice and pepper.
- Add 2 tbsps sugar instead and flavour with rose water.
I much prefer sweet lassis as a rule but this was great. The papaya sweetens the whole thing but it is nice to taste the pepper and the mint. Didn't even notice the salt.