Recipe by Countrywife
I got this from DH's Aunt Bea in Kansas City when we went to visit soon after we were married. She was a wonderful cook and a wonderful person, and I wish I'd inherited her recipe box.
Top Review by ashley dixon
I have been making this for a long time. To make it healthier, I use plain, fat-free yogurt instead of the sour cream and Splenda instead of sugar. You won't miss the fat at all. VERY YUMMY!
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 banana, diced
- 4 drops red food coloring
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (16 ounce) can bing cherries, well drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sour cream, lemon juice, sugar, salt, pineapple, banana and food color.
- Fold in nuts and cherries.
- Spoon into paper-lined muffin cups.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm--about 12 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.