Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
In 'Comfort Food Fix' by Ellie Krieger
- 1⁄4 cup unpopped popcorn (the kernels)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peanut oil or 1⁄2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 paper, lunch bag
- In a small bowl, toss together the popcorn kernels, oil, and salt.
- Transfer the mixture to the paper bag and fold over three or four times to close.
- Place the bag in the microwave on top of a plate, and cook on HIGH until the kernels stop popping, about 2 minutes.
- Season with additional salt, if desired; Cajun seasoning or Chesapeake seasoning are good, too.
- Serving size-3 cups; per serving-100 calories, 2 g total fat, 18 g carb, 3 g fiber.
We just started doing this since we heard bad things about the microve popcorn bags. It really does work! After I just spray butter on top and add salt.
This worked out great for us. Trying to not eat the microwave bagged popcorn and tried this one. I used canola oil and added 1 tsp melted butter after popping and it tasted fine. Will try adding other seasonings.