Recipe by Swan Valley Tammi
I found this recipe on Scoutorama.com while looking for easy, no fuss/no clean-up meals for our upcoming camping trip. All ingredient amounts can be changed to suit your tastes. I imagine we'll be increasing the amounts and adding onions and peppers to the mommy and daddy breakfast bags!
Directions See How It's Made
- Open paper bag and place bacon strips on bottom.
- Toss in hashbrowns and break eggs gently over top.
- Close bag by folding down top of paper bag at least three times, but leaving 3-4" of air space above the food.
- Insert pointy stick through the folds of the bag.
- Prop with rocks, or hold about 4-5" above hot coals for 8-10 minutes. (Be careful, of course, not to let the bag touch the coals!).
- Remove from heat and pull out stick with an oven mitt.
- Open the bag, fold down the sides and ENJOY! Then throw your 'plate' into the fire -- talk about easy clean-up!