- 1 lb prawns
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (just a pinch, add if more heat is required)
- 4 ounces dry white wine (or water)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash prawns.
- Brown the chopped onion in a heavy frying pan until golden.
- Add the prawns and continue cooking until they turn pinkish-red in color.
- Season and add a glass of dry white wine or water to the pan, then the crushed cloves of garlic and paprika.
- Cover the pan and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Check the seasoning, sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.