Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple and quick. Love those shrimp, can't get enough of them! I usually up the garlic to 3-4 cloves. Cooking time is estimated depending on the size of your prawns.
- 1 lb prawns
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (just a pinch, add if more heat is required)
- 4 ounces dry white wine (or water)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- Wash prawns.
- Brown the chopped onion in a heavy frying pan until golden.
- Add the prawns and continue cooking until they turn pinkish-red in color.
- Season and add a glass of dry white wine or water to the pan, then the crushed cloves of garlic and paprika.
- Cover the pan and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Check the seasoning, sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.
This recipe is a special treat! I used Marsala wine which gives a very mellow flavor. I browned the onion until it was almost carmelized. Didn't use any oil just a "No Oil" spray. Mixed the spices(Chili flakes & Paprika) & garlic in the wine. When the onions were ready I put the prawns & the wine into the pan with the heat on high Coiveered it with a lid and 3 minutes later perfect pink flavor loaded prawns - Definitely will make this recipe again
These were great.Took them to CountryLadys appy party.Forgot to add the paprika
I was also at the Appy party conniecooks mentions and have to agree, 5 stars all the way