Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This simple quick dessert is perfect for any time -- brunch or as a fruit dessert for supper. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (November 1982)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed (or 2 cups sweetened fresh raspberries)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 papayas, halved and seeded
- Combine first three ingredients (raspberries - sugar) in a blender or food processor and puree until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth.
- Strain to remove seeds (***this can be prepared 2 days ahead and refrigerated***).
- Place payaya halves on individual plates and spoon raspberry sauce into the cavities.
- Serve immediately.
Oh so refreshingly sweet and tart! I cut the recipe in half using a whole lime. My berries were mostly frozen making more of a sorbet. I cut a tiny piece of the papaya on the bottom so it would sit stable.