Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 6 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups peeled seeded cubed papayas
- 4 cups quartered strawberries
- 2 cups Baby Spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1⁄2 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced mint
- Whisk the first 5 ingredients together in a bowl.
- Toss the remaining ingredients together in a second bowl and drizzle with dressing.
mmm this was an outstanding salad, delicious!! Quite different, but what a wonderful combination of flavours. Just made half a recipe for the 3 of us and wished I had made the whole recipe! The mint really makes it special and adds depth, seems to bring out all the other flavours. I had to use olive oil and had no raspberry preserves so used homemade raspberry jam, it works beautifully because it is thick with some whole berries in it. Our guest took home the recipe and the left over salad!! Thanks for posting and I will certainly be making this again!!
This was an awsome salad! I cut the recipe in half...used only 2 T of the raspberry preserves (as that was all that was left in the jar!) but found that sweet enough. I have enough dressing to make another one tonight. Don't leave out the mint... it complimented the rest of the ingredients beautifully! The salad was very colourful and my family gobbled it down quite nicely. Would I make this salad again....in a heartbeat!! Thanks Dancer for a wonderful contribution