1/5 Photos of Papaya Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
These are a tasty and quick addition to a casual lunch, perfect for friends sitting around and chatting and eating together! Make sure to have plenty of moist napkins nearby. ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Thai basil or 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 pickled jalapeno pepper, minced (or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar, to taste
- 1 small papaya, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 lb cooked and shelled small baby shrimp
- fish sauce, to taste
- 24 butter lettuce leaves
- 1In a non-reactive bowl, mix together the lime juice, balsamic vinegar, basil or cilantro, green onion, garlic, jalapeno, and brown sugar.
- 2Stir in the cubed papaya and shrimp, then the fish sauce to taste.
- 3Pour into shallow dish and surround with the butter lettuce leaves.
- 4Use the lettuce leaves to scoop up the papaya mixture and hold to eat.
- 5Good additions are cooked bean threads, thinly sliced cucumber, julienned carrot, or perhaps bean sprouts.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Papaya Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.9
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 79.7 mg
- Sodium 424.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 9.4 g