Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
For fruit salad. This is pretty closely based on the recipe from World's Healthiest Foods, whfoods.org.
- 4 tablespoons fresh papaya seeds
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Blend papaya seeds, yogurt, tahini, and lemon juice in the blender. (If you're having trouble with the tahini stubbornly sticking to the blades or sides, you can premix it by hand with the lemon juice, and then some of the yogurt.) The papaya seeds should be coarsely ground, looking somewhat like poppy seed dressing.
- With the blender running, drizzle in the olive oil. (Use good quality oil, the flavor is going to come through in the dressing.).
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least several hours, until the consistency is thickened.
- The original recipe also included 1 tablespoon of honey. It's not really necessary to add sweetness to a dressing for fruit, but if you have a varietal honey whose flavor will go with your fruit, it makes a lovely treat.