Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This goes wonderful with fish and seafood and we have also served it with bbq'ed pork chops & chicken.
- 1 medium papaya, cleaned and diced
- 1⁄3 cup ripe tomatoes, cleaned and diced (1 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet gherkin, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons small capers
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In medium bowl combine papaya, tomato, parsley, chives, gherkins, red peppers and capers.
- In small bowl combine vinegar and garlic.
- Whisk in olive oil and blend well.
- Pour over papaya mixture, toss, adding salt and pepper to taste.
was given a paw paw, and it was getting very ripe. Dont like them by themselves, so I thought I would find a recipe here, and I found yours!!! didnt have parsley, and used red wine vinegar (didnt read it right). It tasted great! hubby wasnt that impressed, and I dont think I would bother with the capers next time. I had some with some fish and chips, and put a big scoop on top of ordinary salad to take to work, and the co-workers commented on the colour and the smell. Will definately make this again, and it is so colourful it would make a lovely gift.
Fabulous! I never made anything with a papaya but my hubby bought 3 thinking they were avocados. I made this without the red peppers and capers and it was out of this world! I made a 2nd batch the next day. Just thinking about it is making my mouth water. Thanks so much