Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Gourmet magazine, May 2002.
- 2 lbs papayas, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch dice (2, preferably pink-fleshed strawberry variety)
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced fresh pineapple (1/4 inch, from 1/2 small pineapple)
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Stir together all ingredients.
Very tasty. I used canned pineapple instead of fresh, and it seemed to be okay. Also added a few dashes of Tabasco sauce, as it wasn't spicy enough for my liking.
Yum! I added cilantro and a jalapeno. My papaya was very ripe and sweet. For those that can`t wait for the skin to turn orange or still has a tinge of green it won`t be sweet enough, so do add a touch of honey. ;) Enjoy and made for ZWT 2011
Wonderful salsa. My papaya wasn't totally ripe (bummer), so I added 1 tbsp of orange juice for sweetness which was really nice. Also added a couple shakes of Tobasco sauce for a slight heat. This would be great over fish or chicken. If you like cilantro, it would work well in here too.