1/1 Photo of Papaya Pie (Antigua and Barbuda)
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is from week eleven of my food blog, Travel by Stove. I am attempting to cook one meal from every nation on Earth, and Antigua and Barbuda is my eleventh stop. This pie is made with papayas and egg whites and has a mousse-like texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the papayas and remove the seeds. Roughly mash them.
- 2Add the lime juice, the lime zest, the cinnamon and the orange extract. Mix well.
- 3Fold in the flour and sugar. At this point, you might want to taste the mixture and adjust the ingredients according to how sweet you like it.
- 4Beat the eggs until they form stiff peaks.
- 5Gently fold the egg whites into the papaya mixture.
- 6Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- 7Bake at 325 degrees for about 45 minutes, or until the filling is set and slightly brown on top.
- 8Serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Papaya Pie (Antigua and Barbuda)
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.5
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 50.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 29.3 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: