Recipe by littleturtle
Yummy and a nice change of pace. Perfect for a light snack or portable breakfast.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
How can one go wrong when a recipe calls for raisins right up front! [Well, as a matter of fact, one can, but that's another story!] Anyway, I did this recipe up with chopped mango & almost 3/4 cup of chopped nuts. The resulting, very nice tasting [though unusual], nuffins didn't last 24 hours in this house! Thanks for the great recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup rum (to soak raisins) or 1⁄4 cup water, hot (to soak raisins)
- 1 cup Bisquick or 1 cup krusteaz baking mix
- 1 cup oatmeal (or combination) or 1 cup flour (or combination) or 1 cup whole wheat flour (or combination)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup honey or 1⁄3 cup light Karo syrup
- 2 cups papayas or 2 cups mangoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease or spray muffin cups or line with papers.
- Set raisins in a bowl of hot rum to soak.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Make a well, and add oil, milk, and honey.
- Mix just until combined and moistened (Do Not overmix).
- Stir in fruit, nuts, and raisins (drain raisins before adding).
- Drop the batter into muffin tins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, testing with toothpick to see if they're done.