Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From an apple website. You could use mango in place of the papaya.
Make and share this Papaya Lime Strudel recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°F; lightly coat a cooking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the papayas, lime juice, lime peel and honey in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Spray one sheet of phyllo with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with about a tbsp of the crushed cookies. Place a second sheet of phyllo on top of first sheet.
- Repeat coating and sprinkling with crumbs on remaining sheets of phyllo, ending with layer of cookie crumbs.
- Spoon papaya mixture onto the phyllo stack, leaving a 2 inch border on all sides.
- Fold the long edges of the phyllo stack up over filling, then fold in the short sides. Roll up from one long side into a cylinder.
- Carefully lift cylinder and place it, seam side down, onto prepared cookie sheet. Lightly coat the top with nonstick cooking spray.
- Score into 10 slices, cutting only through the top layer of phyllo, about 1/8 inch deep.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or till golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving. Serve warm.