Recipe by Tish
This salsa is great as a marinade since papaya is a wonderful tenderizer. We use the salsa to marinate fajitas, but is also great with lobster, crab and shrimp
- 1 ripe papaya, halved seeded and peeled
- 1⁄2 habanero pepper, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted,peeled,stemmed,seeded and finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice half of the papaya and set it aside.
- Cut up the other half, place in a blender and add the habanero chile, sugar, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Puree and add the reserved diced papaya, tomato, bell pepper, cilantro and mint.
- Mix well and season to taste with salt.
- Let stand for 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend before serving.