Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a bright, fresh smoothie, that is enhanced by adding mint. Enjoy! Adapted from Whole Living.
- 2 1⁄2 cups papayas, chunks
- 1 cup ice cube
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat plain yogurt (or soy yogurt or silken tofu)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 16 fresh mint leaves, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
- Refrigerate papaya until very cold, at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Blend papaya, ice, yogurt, ginger, honey, and lemon juice in a blender.
- Add up to 1/4 cup water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture is smooth and thinned to desired consistency.
- Blend in mint leaves.
- Garnish with mint sprigs.
I was pleasantly surprised with how much I loved this smoothie! I was a little hesitant about the mint leaves, but that's what really brought this smoothie alive! The mint complemented the ginger and papaya so well. I made this exactly as posted, except I used kefir in place of the yogurt. Thanks for sharing this unexpected delight! Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.